14.3.11

schedule. or lack thereof.

when my friend jim asked me what i was doing with myself all day long...i have to admit. i felt funny. cause the answer is well, really...sleep. between all the drugs and what my family politely tells me is all the healing...i’m averaging one...maybe two naps a day. what i’m not doing is watching tv. sometimes cnn is on in the background...i can’t help myself. but what i am doing is...

reading books...

zoli. great. worth it. another time, place and culture i knew absolutely nothing about.
but to my reading friends...not as good as let the great world spin. but how could it be?


one good dog. my friend joanne lent this to me for my nook. when i first read the review, i thought, hmmmm. maybe too sappy for me. but so far, really sweet. think dug the dog from up...only as a pit bull. i think even olivia might enjoy it if i could get her to crack open a book she doesn’t have to. :)

making necklaces. my camera is kinda lame. it‘s really prettier than this looks.

paper mache and felt. my job for this afternoon.

more puffy earrings.

a fuzzy cowl that came in handy last friday.

buying myself flowers...
and planting seeds to remind myself this can’t last forever.

and getting ready for st. pattys.

sweet dreams. xo

6 comments:

hammykg said...

beautiful! and don't feel guilty! You deserve rest and relaxation.

p.s. not convinced on Zoli...

laura said...

did you start it? it’s sort of confusing...i had to do a lot of re-reading....but its such a tantalizing culture that i actually wanted to.

Kelly said...

Laura: Have you read Shadow of the Wind? Epic, not 100% "literary" fiction but gripping and hard to put down.
Kelly

laura said...

i havn’t...and i just finished one good dog. so i’ll check it out today. thanks!

laura said...

kelly, i LOVE this book! the character of fermin is such a hoot! definitely goes on my best list. thank you!

Kelly said...

Laura:

Took your suggestion about Let the great world spin. Read it on one day on my first day of vacation here at the Outer Banks. Awesome. Thanks so much.

Kelly