26.2.11

finally...almost.

my headlights.
as our best friend, charlie, so diplomatically refers to them.
if you haven’t read any older posts...long story short.
got an implant, didn’t work. who knew?
(I bought a car. It turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?)
problem around the incision > infection > implant out > grotesque hole in my chest
took FOREVER to heal...even a little...because of the radiation i had 6 years ago.
so, fast forward to monday...when i will be having surgery again.
latissimus dorsi tissue flap breast reconstruction.
in other words...they take skin and muscle from my back and somehow move it to my front.
they’ll put an expander in...which will eventually be filled to the point where ill have the next surgery. whew.
but my mantra...it’s not cancer...and it doesn’t hurt...has worked.
bri is, and has been, with me every step of the way...and the kids are totally ready to help out (olivia even went with me to the grocery store this morning to help pick out stuff she wants to make)
ill keep you posted...until then...shine on.
(see what i did there...headlight, shine on. where are you, jenny, when i need you!)

1 comment:

jenny buck said...

thinking of you. laughing about shine on. jb